PAT Testing services from Hexo are available within London and the M25. A PAT test enables you to comply with the Electricity at Work Regulations. These are in place to prevent death and personal injury caused by electrics in the workplace. Also business owners who cannot show a proper record of safety tests and measures may be found liable in the event of an accident. Furthermore, you may be unable to claim on your insurance for any damage caused.
Our PAT Testing will include:
- Visual inspection of the portable appliance, its flex and plug top
- Open Each Plug Top to inspect the fuse and connections and tighten wire connections
- Electrical tests – Submit the appliance to a series of electrical tests to ensure that it is properly earthed (Earth Continuity Test, Class 1 appliance) and insulated (Insulation Resistance Test, Class 1 and 2 appliance)
- Labelling – Affix a label to the appliance indicating whether it has passed or failed as well as additional information including the test date, re-test date and Appliance ID number assigned to it
- Records – Make a detailed record for each appliance tested as well as an inventory summary. These records are also available in an electronic format WW
Ensure that all the portable electrical appliances in use at your commercial or business premises are safe and comply with current regulations. PAT Testing comes under those Safe Practices which ensure compliance and do offer legal protection in the case of potential claims. Insurance companies also require regular EICR testing and PAT testing records.
We can carry out PAT Testing at weekends and in the evenings if you prefer to prevent business downtime. We can arrange to test all appliances in one go or schedule these in batches across a given time period. Please see further for our PAT Testing Rates and you can make a Booking here.