Commercial Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR), is also known as fixed wire testing or periodic inspection report. It allows you to gain a better understanding of the state of the electrical installation inside your premises.
A vital part of commercial building maintenance, an EICR will enable you to fix any electrical problems before they have chance to cause damage or injury. The main Commercial Inspection and Testing Service we offer is the Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR). An EICR is the official document that is produced after a thorough inspection of a building’s electrical installation has been carried out.
Covering everything from light fixtures to plug sockets and distribution boards, the report will ensure your premises are compliant with BS 7671, the national standard for electrical installations. From cafés to schools, care homes and factories, all business owners must make time for these essential safety checks.
For the EICR, you’ll be given an in-depth list of coded observations, revealing any concerns that the testing engineer has discovered. Ranging in severity, the four observation codes are:
- Code C1: The most severe observation code, C1 means danger is present, there is an immediate threat to safety and fast action is mandatory
- Code C2: C2 means there is a potentially dangerous defect with your system and urgent corrective work is required
- Code C3: Code 3 is a lower-level code defined as ‘Improvement Recommended’, which means a non-regulatory issue has been identified or an element of the installation could do with improvement
- Code FI: The FI observation code highlights that further investigation into the system is required. This generally means our engineer has found something that needs to be looked at in more depth.
In order to achieve compliance by way of a satisfactory rated EICR, you will be required to repair any C1, C2 and FI faults immediately. But rectifying all errors, even low-risk issues, is considered best practice. At Hexo Services, we’re experts in such matters. As one of the signature services we offer, our specialist engineers are trained to provide comprehensive commercial inspections and testing for business and industrial premises.
To carry out a Commercial Electrical Installation Condition Report, we will attend your property every five years, in order to inspect 100% of your installation. We can also attend once a year to test 20% of the wiring, across all of the distribution boards in your property. This means that every five years all of your wiring and circuit accessories will have been inspected, and every 12 months we will have visited every distribution board, which is important from a safety aspect.
If any issues arise during our inspection, we offer a defect repair and remedial service, to quickly and efficiently get your business compliant once again. Once repair works have been carried out, the whole system will be examined again, to ensure the maintenance has been completed successfully.
Areas where supplementary services are offered:
- Labelling and identification of circuit accessories (switches, sockets, isolators etc.)
- Identification and labelling of distribution boards
- Labelling and identification of sub main and main cables
- Distribution layout schematic
- Earthing layout schematic
Along with the five-Year Electrical Installation Condition Report, we also offer Custom Commercial Electrical Inspections and Testing. At Hexo Services, we can complete your inspection at a time that suits you and your business. This includes weekend and evening appointments, so you can limit disruption and business down time.